This information is from last year and is to be used as reference only until updated information is available.
- Schedule by Role Information – The tech schedule is due to be finalized 11/10/2016. Once the schedule is FINAL, Sarah can produce and distribute the Schedule by Role information. Copies will be available in the studio (see board), on this website and distributed via email.
- Split Roles – Regarding attendance: if your child is splitting a role with another child, you do NOT need to be at the theater during the performances in which your child is NOT performing. However, do not make plans – be available in the event that the other child is unable to perform for any reason.
- Where can I buy tickets? Is there a Discount?
Current discounts are as follows: 20% off – Code: FRIEND20, 25% off – Code: SUGARPLUM
- How do I know which performance my child is in?
Please see the cast list and corresponding performance schedule: Nutcracker Casting
- Are parents allowed backstage?
No. RPO is a union theater and the area backstage is limited. Access to backstage is permitted to authorized personnel only.
- Are Parents allowed in the dressing room?
Only assigned parent volunteers PLEASE!
- Can I take pictures of my dancer in costume? Only if you are willing to pay the $10,000 fine! RPO prohibits photographs and will charge you, not RCB!
- Do the dancers get to keep the costume?
Sorry! No! The costumes are the property of RCB. You keep the personal items purchased by you for your child: tights, shoes, wigs, leotards, etc.
- My child is sick, what happens?
Please contact Sarah Reynolds, Company Manager immediately if your child is ill and cannot perform. An emergency phone # will be provided on your Nutcracker Parent ID Card.
- Can my dancer leave when they are finished? They are not in the finale.
Unfortunately, No. For two reasons: 1. Security and supervision personnel are busy – we could not guarantee the safe transfer of your child. 2. Security and supervision personnel are busy getting all of the children out of costume and organized to leave. They have precisely sufficient time from the exit of the children from the stage to the end of the performance to complete this task so that everyone may leave in a safe and orderly manner.
- Can my dancer leave between performances?
ONLY IF they are signed out – following approved procedures OR if the parent/guardian has provided RCB with a signed consent form (for those students age 14 and older).
- How can I give my dancer dinner between performances?
If you would like to drop something off for your child, please drop off at the sign in table. It will be delivered to your child’s dressing room.14-17 YEARS OLD: May sign themselves out of & into Eastman Theatre between shows ONLY IF they have a signed RCB Parent Consent form on file prior to Nov 20, 2016. If they do not have a signed consent form they may be signed out of & into Eastman Theater between shows by a parent or guardian (18 yrs of age) with the applicable parent card as long as they do not have a scheduled rehearsal and they must be back by cast call.
- Can you suggest some healthy snacks and activities for the dancers when they are in the dressing room?
Please – CLEAR beverages only! Water is preferred. Nothing sticky or powdered (such as Doritos). Preferably dry snacks. Pretzels, ok! Apples, ok! NO NUTS!